Forum

/Forum
Forum2018-10-09T18:57:53+00:00

I’m out of ideas. How can I reclaim a listing back that Amazon Hijacked?  

RSS

fbapro11
(@fbapro11)
Eminent Member
08/11/2018 2:41 pm  

There has been a legit listing for an Authentic replacement part for a top selling brand name. The UPC and photos of this listing match, and this item had over 100 reviews with an average rank of 4.8. I have averaged around $800 - $1100 a day in sales over the last 6 months with this ASIN.

10 days ago, all of the reviews were removed, and the title of the page was changed to an aftermarket version of this same replacement part, yet the UPC and photos are still of the OEM part.

I now have $20,000 worth of inventory on this ASIN in FBA warehouses, and they will not change it back because “amazon is now on the listing, and they have the final say in the description and title”.

I still have the buy box (amazon is 60% more than me) but my sales are now 0 per day because nobody wants to purchase this brand of replacement part. This is obviously a mistake on the part of someone on AMZ’s data team, but they will not restore the listing.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this fixed? I’ve supplied photos and documents showing that the UPC on the listing belongs with the OEM part, not this cheap chinese knockoff part that the listing is now saying. So extremely frustrating.

woo woo

ReplyQuote
chikabasic
(@chikabasic)
08/11/2018 3:28 pm  

Create a new listing and use a purchased UPC or another identifier, and hope that they will not try to merge them.

One way to do that is to add some tiny thing and then change the title to have the word “Kit” on the end or something that shows added value to the item, so they can’t merge them as the original

ReplyQuote
umani
(@umani)
08/11/2018 3:54 pm  

When you invent a new ASIN I hope your new AD does not become an Amazon Dog Page.

ReplyQuote
fbakris
(@fbakris)
Eminent Member
08/11/2018 4:55 pm  

Since I had something similar happen to me my guess is that a merchant in the Vendor Central system (this is for selling directly to Amazon) decided to add the product as a Vendor Central offer and used that to hijack the listing. Amazon will use Vendor Central information over everything else.

It took several times filing cases and trademark infringement reports but I was able to get Amazon to correct my issue but I think that is because I was the rights holder. I also consulted a lawyer and was ready to take Amazon to arbitration over the issue since they clearly would have lost and would have to pay damages.

If you can get the manufacturer / your supplier to file trademark violations that might help.

As others have suggested I would email [email protected] and explain that you think a vendor in the Vendor Central system changed the listing from the OEM part to a aftermarket part and provide all the supporting documentation you have (if you are able to get the manufacturer / rights holder involved that should help too).

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register